miscarriage blog: babyfruit - the miscarriage diaries

miscarriage obsessions, celebrity miscarriage, miscarriage in the news...survival for the miscarrying woman. For complete blog, go to Babyfruit.com

8/25/2005

ARTICLE: Medical Option Now Available After Miscarriage

New on Forbes.com...an article about miscarriage!

Medical Option Now Available After Miscarriage

By Serena Gordon
HealthDay Reporter

WEDNESDAY, Aug. 24 (HealthDay News) -- Until recently, if a woman had a miscarriage early in her pregnancy, doctors often had to perform surgery to remove any remaining fetal tissue.

But according to new study findings, the medication also may be an option after pregnancy loss.

The researchers found that misoprostol was effective in expelling fetal tissue in 84 percent of the women studied.

"Basically, our study was a comparison of medical management versus surgical management for early pregnancy failure," said the study's lead author, Dr. Jun Zhang, an investigator at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md.

[READ MORE]

Comments from the Peanut Gallery

When I was going to for the 2nd time, I asked my OBGYN for some kind of drug that I had read about that could help induce labor and allow me to miscarry naturally. He said he had heard about something like that but hadn't tried it before and was not very encouraging.

So instead of a D&C, I opted for reflexology and acupuncture. For my 3rd miscarriage, I added Chinese herbs. For my 4th, I threw some Reiki in the mix. I have not had to have a D&C for any of my miscarriages.

Ultimately, I prefer the all natural route to miscarrying than taking a pill. But anything is better than uterus scraping. Our bodies know what to do. We've been doing this for centuries. We are women, hear us roar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home