miscarriage blog: babyfruit - the miscarriage diaries

miscarriage obsessions, celebrity miscarriage, miscarriage in the news...survival for the miscarrying woman. For complete blog, go to Babyfruit.com

2/16/2004

I finally feel like I'm not a crazy woman.
When I went in for my prenatal screening
labwork this afternoon, I told them how
I was feeling and how my HCG levels
were "lower than they would have
expected" last week.

The women in the lab shook their heads.
"Then why are they having you do a prenatal
screening right now? It is a waste of money."

Then they went to ask one of the doctors who
looked at my chart and my levels and said
"I wouldn't be doing a prenatal screening
on her. I'd check her levels again today and
then in 48 hours to see where they're at."

Yes. That is what I would have thought.
But after all my questions and requests,
I was beginning to feel like maybe I was
out of control.

But now, finally, someone listened to me
and are doing something that makes total
sense. Why do entire prenatal screenings
if there is a chance the HCG levels are
too low to sustain the pregnancy at this
stage or are dropping?

By tomorrow, I'll know a little better if
my levels are okay and by Thursday,
I will know even more. Then, we can take
it from that point. This makes sense.

Talk about relief. This still doesn't mean
I'm doing okay pregnancy-wise, but it
will tell me more definitively if it is a
go or an end to this one.

That is all I really want to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home