miscarriage blog: babyfruit - the miscarriage diaries

miscarriage obsessions, celebrity miscarriage, miscarriage in the news...survival for the miscarrying woman. For complete blog, go to Babyfruit.com

10/06/2005

Symptoms or Insanity?

Well, I have heard from many many sources that you aren't supposed to have pregnancy symptoms until the 6th week. But so far, for every pregnancy, I've had symptoms - intermittently - from implantation on. Then when I have a miscarriage, the symptoms disappearing are the first sign for me that something has gone wrong.

Maybe I'm hypersensitive, maybe I'm totally in tune with my body or maybe I'm a freaking crazy woman. So be it.

Right now, I'm having what I'd like to think are symptoms.

1. Sore breasts - yes folks, they are feeling tender. Not raging like they do when I drink too much caffeine and aggravate the fibrocystic cysts that make up the majority of my breast tissue. But they are tender and feeling - what is the word I'm looking for...pendulous. I am a small/average breasted woman - a just-about-34B. My bra is a little snug but without a bra, I feel like these suckers are flapping in the wind. They are no longer pert but feel heavy. So this is either gravity and age or pregnancy hormones stirring things up.

2. Queasy - okay, not full on nausea but definitely this feeling like a lump in my throat that wants to turn into nausea but holds back coyly. Eating something makes it feel better, then I get to burping burping burping.

3. Gassy - I confess, I want to fart constantly. And I have been letting them rip with more abandon lately, at least around the house. If I remain pregnant, I will be a pariah. Who wants a farting woman in a social setting?

4. Constipation - This is not blood vessel popping constipated but just mildly plugged up where I'm actually reaching for reading material as I sit and wait. I know there is something there and it wants to come out but it sits back for a while with a devil-may-care attitude. You want to get off the pot? Guess you'll just have to readjust your schedule to OUR time, says the progesterone-laden bowels.

Welcome to my world of early pregnancy. Can't wait to see what else will happen to me. Here's to many more symptoms over many more months.

1 Comments:

At 10/15/2008 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just experienced my fifth miscarriage and it doesn't get any easier with each time. I'm amazed by how little the medical staff as well as friends and family can offer in support. Terms such as fetal demise, tissue, bunch of cells just make me want to scream. I was looking for a way to contact you, I had a couple of questions, thanks so much for your blog, my latest miscarriage was just four days ago so I'm still fighting the urge to cry, what a hurtful fact of life. If you can contact me my email is lissylh@gmail.com, thanks, sincerely, Melissa Hudson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home