miscarriage blog: babyfruit - the miscarriage diaries

miscarriage obsessions, celebrity miscarriage, miscarriage in the news...survival for the miscarrying woman. For complete blog, go to Babyfruit.com

10/02/2005

Anger issues - vent, vent, vent (about miscarriage, etc.)

So after careful self-examination, I realize that yes, indeed, I'm having some anger issues. I have a feeling that over the last few months I was having grief issues and now they have transformed into anger issues. I have to admit that it goes beyond my usual snarkiness and is just boiling over more than I'd like it to.

What to do about anger? How to let it out constructively. My very nature is to make a positive out of a negative. I have always done that when something "bad" happens. Instead of allowing myself to wallow in self pity soup, I press forward by focusing on creating something useful and helpful to others.

But what about when I'm angry? Something bad has happened to me - to us. We have miscarried, many of us more than once, twice, three times, four...and so I've been turning that grief into a documentary film and a book as well as maintaining this blog and pitching articles to magazines about miscarriage. 4 positives for 4 negatives (ie. miscarriages).

Now what? My karma is balanced but my anger is teeming.

Cry? I was doing that at odd and inopportune moments since June and finally came to understand it as grief and not a slow decent into insanity thanks to a good therapist.

Scream? I've been doing that too much lately and G. has been at the brunt of it. He is too good of a person, a man and a husband to have to deal with my anger in this manner.

Punch a pillow? Not helpful.

Exercise? G. is trying to get me out walking and biking more, especially before it gets too dark, cold and snowy to do it (although he is also proposing cross country skiing for the winter). I am trying to get into a fitness routine but it is just pissing the heck out of me.

Yoga? Ta'i Chi? We did go to Ta'i Chi this morning and it felt good. But I'm dreading each next moment, worried that my anger will rear its ugliness and break this peace and calm we are feeling.

Pray? Doesn't help. I just get more pissed off. Not at God but at the pointlessness of these miscarriages that I've had. What have they taught me? That I'm not perfect? Fuck off and let me have a baby. I'd be one of the best damn mothers around. Not perfect, just damn good.

What do you do for the anger?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home